Ten Reasons Why Your Small Business Should Establish A Web Presence
“But mine is just a small business,” you might answer when asked about establishing a web presence for your
Though such a reply is expected, it is often justified with facts. The truth of the matter is, even if your
business is not big enough to warrant a Fortune 100 citation, it will greatly benefit from all the advantages that
the World Wide Web can offer. Turning down those advice to acquire your own domain name and to create a website
under a professional web hosting service can cost you immeasurable losses you may not even realize.
Let us take a look at 10 compelling reasons why you should avail yourself of a well positioned web presence in
this, the digital age.
1. The world – the ENTIRE world – can become your market. Indeed, whatever audience you’re catering to right now
would fall pale in comparison to the global market that the Internet can open up for you. Imagine taking potential
orders from people, unbounded by geographic borders and restrictive economic systems. The Internet makes laissez
faire look like child’s play!
2. Your products can be exposed to 50 million people. Studies show that there are 50 million people online, at any
given time. All of these people are your potential customers, and all of them can possibly get to know about your
3. Increase your sales. Since you’ll be catering to more prospects, the chances of bagging a sale or a deal would
be better. It’s a number’s game, and you’ll be turning things to your favor.
4. Market your goods or services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your website can become your digital store that
will operate on auto-pilot. You could log off the Internet, and your website can still promote your products,
process payments, instantly deliver items, and even take care of some post sales concerns. No need to hire human
assistants whom you have to pay some overtime and night shift differential salaries.
5. Add to the professional reputation of your business. Establishing web presence, especially with a sleek, easily
navigable, and professional-looking website, would greatly help build your brand and increase costumer
6. Delivery is no longer a problem. The advent of the Internet has totally revolutionized the way courier services
conduct their business. Nowadays, they could deliver items to the farthest corners of the Earth. You won’t have to
worry about the location of your customers. Anything, and we do mean ANYTHING, can now be delivered right in front
of their doorsteps.
7. Convenient payment processing options. You don’t have to settle for checks or money orders that take some time
to mature, though they will always remain as options. There are a lot of merchant accounts available that would
allow you to process credit card payments instantly, and the funds you will receive can be transferred to your bank
8. Security is no longer a major concern. With SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encoding, you could protect your
transaction pages against unwanted intrusions.
9. A lot of marketing tactics can be availed of for free in the World Wide Web. Strategies like viral marketing,
article marketing, forum marketing, membership marketing and the likes often require no financial investment, or at
the very least, a minimal amount to get you started. The results they promise, however, are quite amazing.
10. Correspondence with your prospects as well as your existing customers would be made easy. Digital delivery of
messages is instantaneous; you will receive them the moment that they are sent!
Though change can bring about a lot of uncertainties, especially in business, it should not be outright dismissed.
Establishing a web presence, regardless of the size of your business, can only offer a world of benefits for your
SiteSell is an inexpensive but complete set of tools that will help you quickly establish a Web Presence